How to Write in an Exam (4) – Sentence Structures

 In English tutoring, I am often asked how students can improve their writing.  Mastering different sentence structures is one very important skill that will secure good grades.

I have developed a teaching approach called “5 Different Kinds of Sentences”, and you can find out more about this by contacting me using the contact form at the bottom of the page.

As a teaser, what do you notice about these two very different sentences?

1.       “Hello!”

2.       I was on my home, which still lay twenty minutes’ walk away, on a beautiful summer’s evening, with birdsong still enchanting the air all around me, when I noticed a figure who was standing on the other side of the road, gazing intently at me, and who suddenly called out “Hello!”

You can visit my About page to find out more about my experience and the services I offer as a tutor.

Do get in touch!

Michael



Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *